Wednesday was my birthday. I’m 23. Which is kind of lame because there is no milestone that comes along with being that age, but also not, because it’s my lucky number and I like telling people that I’m 23 because it’s something that is still novel to me. Is that weird?
I worked until 7:45 the night before and came home to my requested meal, a chocolate ice cream cake, roses, candles, wine and presents. Jealous yet? You should be. Matt made my day so completely wonderful, I’m going to have one heck of a time topping him for his next month. We weren’t supposed to do presents since we opted to spend our birthdays at Disney with the free admission pass they have going on, but he decided to get me a little something anyway which was very sweet. Season one of Friends. Yay! He’s a good gift-giver; Always has a good buy up his sleeve. Now I’m stuck with the challenge of getting him a little something which is always hard for guys. I don’t care what anyone says, guys are harder to buy for than girls. Period. End of discussion. K bye.
I had the day off from work, how coincidental, so we went to Epcot and had a blast. I wore a button all day that said, “Happy birthday Sara” and every Disney employee had to wish me a happy birthday which surprisingly, didn’t annoy me. We started off by getting a fast pass for Test-Track and then headed to “the ball” for some spaceship ride in which they take your picture and put it on your so-called “body” in the future. Apparently we are going to have cars that fly and can make hotel reservations for us. Neat? Hmm, I’m not quite sure about that. We spent some time walking through the countries and made dinner reservations in Morocco which we never ended up fulfilling because we decided we didn’t want to spend the money and opted for Whataburger on the way home instead. Too bad it was SHUT DOWN! Yeah, who decides to close a Whataburger, seriously? Needless to say, Matt and I were extremely disappointed with our detour that proved to be unsuccessful. Anyway, we did some other rides and took several pictures with the characters against Matt’s will and finally ended the day with the fireworks show over the water. Such a great ended to a perfect day, except that it started pouring down rain the second the show was over so I hopped on Matt’s back and he gave me a piggy-back ride all the way to the car : )
I would like to say that I was a bit disappointed with the birthday calls from my friends/family. Too many people are opting for text messages or emails or facebook these days, which seems to make your birthday a little less exciting. I never realized this until my special day came around. I’m also guilty of this, I’d be lying if I claimed otherwise, so I’m going to try and get better about it. We’ll see how efficient I am about carrying this through.
Overall I had a great birthday and was very thankful for all the surprises, cards, calls, and love that I got from everyone. Thanks!

Saturday, July 25, 2009
Birfday
Posted by Sara at 10:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment