CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blessings

Yesterday was mine and Matt's one year anniversary. I can't believe it's already been a year. But doesn't everyone say that? We decided to do something fun during the day and finish off with something romantic at night which is our perfect combination of a wonderful day spent together.

We started off at Disney's Blizzard Beach water park, which sadly, we were a little under-impressed with. Disney claims to be the "happiest place on earth," and, "where dreams come true," but with mediocre theming aspects, no characters floating around, and less than thrilling water slides, we wrapped up our day there within 5 hours, and left when it started to rain. Granted, we had a wonderful time together as we always do and that's what really matters in the long run.

While we were eating our picnic lunch, yes adorable, picture it in your head quickly, I checked my phone for messages and finally confirmed the positive feeling I'd had all day. I GOT THE JOB!!! Palmer clinic called and made me an offer and I start tomorrow! It was the perfect day for us to get the news, we were so happy already and the job was just icing on the cake. It was such a relief to have finally been offered a position after two months of pretty hopeless searching. I had a margarita to celebrate, along with an Itsakadoozie! You know, one of those long popsickles that's a rainbow and is all twisty and stuff. It was glorious I tell you.

We drove back to Port Orange and got ready to head out to The Garlic. This restaurant is amazing! A bit pricey, but worth every dime. Let me set the mood for you: live music (piano, flute, saxaphone), a bottle of red wine, half inside/half outside, trees, a fireplace with candles, and white christmas lights for a romantic feeling. Mmm. Perfect. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day, I feel so blessed to have this man in my life, and even more blessed that he feels the same way about me.

There are so many people that have been involved in praying for me to get a job, so to those who have done so, thank you. I'm even more convinced that if you angle your problems upward, things will always work out. After all, He knows what's best. I lose sight of this sometimes, but what a great reminder this journey has been. He will always take care of me no matter what. Things are looking up here, hopefully they are in your world too.

I'll let you know how the first day goes, it's always interesting.


But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:33

0 comments: